This sleeve length is m-u-c-h better.
The top was a simple matter to finish last night. Since I had already ripped off the cuff I went straight to the cutting! I cut off four inches from the lower sleeve, regathered the bottom and reattached the cuff. This new length is not as short as the pattern’s short puff sleeve option, though I seriously considered cutting that much off.
Trouble was, the fabric scraps had already gone out with the trash and there was nothing to cut the longer cuff from! I had to find the smallest place on my upper arm to position the cuff and that happens to be right above the elbow.
You can see from the photo that I had plenty of room. It doesn’t hurt that my bicep is not much bigger than many women’s wrists!
This pattern is another of Simplicity’s A,B,C,D cup offerings that I (now) like so much. I did find that this one fit differently than my last blouse. It seemed to have more ease all over. In fact I had to trim *both* shoulders of this one, unlike Simplicity 2501 where I only trimmed the right shoulder.
Since this one has no closure, the extra ease was probably needed to get it over my head. It still looks nice and trim, I’m pleased to say.
Along with the top, I made some new capris/crop pants that you can just see peeking out at the bottom of the photo. They evolved from an unlikely new pattern I have. I’ll tell you about them tomorrow!
Besides that, I don’t know if you can tell, but I colored my hair. For a while my hair will be “dark golden blonde.” I don’t know why that name didn’t tip me off that my head would shine like a Sacagawea dollar after I was done.
I haven’t taken this new color out of the house yet, so I’m considering this my public debut! LOL!